Monday, February 25, 2013

Changes....


It may start to get a little quieter here on my little blog.

You see, I'm starting a new adventure this week.

After 2 years of maternity leave.... I'm heading back to work! Eeek!!!

I can't believe that it has been 2 years since I left work to have my baby boy. I remember at the time, thinking that 2 years was like forever...... yet the time has just flown by so quickly.



 

Words just can not express just how grateful I am to have an employer who has allowed me to have 2 years away from work to be at home with my family. I am very aware that 2 years of maternity leave is rare and so I am most grateful. I must also mention how thankful I am for my hard working husband who has supported me emotionally, and the four of us financially so that I have been able to stay home for all that time.




 
 
It has been most wonderful to be able to watch my little boy hit all his milestones... I was there when he crawled, he said his first word and took his first steps, among other things. I have also had Madeleine home with me for those 2 years as well. I feel so blessed to have had all that time with her also. I have been able to spend lots of time crafting with her and playing, and I have been able to settle her in to kindy. Not only have I watched both my babies grow as individuals, I have watched them form their bond as siblings. They just adore each other, even though they do argue at times (as I know all siblings do)....




Being a full time stay at home mum has not been easy. It has had its challenges, but I have still loved it. And truth be known, if I could, I would continue to stay at home with my children. They grow so quickly, and this is a time in their lives that I will never get back. But, David and I have goals that we want to achieve, and I need to work for us to achieve them.

I know from past experience when I went back to work after having Madeleine - life seems to travel so much more faster when you are a working parent. I will look forward to the weekends and those extra two days I have off with them even more.






And so, it is very difficult to send my children off to child care for the first time as I head back to work 3 days a week. We have had a few visits to childcare to settle them in, and I think on the whole (despite some tears) the kids are both doing quite well settling in - better than I expected them to. I am hoping that Madeleine and Christian will enjoy their days at child care, and will have great stories to tell me about what fun they have had when I collect them in the afternoons.

So, please excuse me if gets a bit quiet on here for a while... I'll be trying to find my feet as a working Mummy!

Teresa x

2 comments:

  1. I hope you and the kids are coping ok with you being back at work! Good luck with reaching your goals. Letitia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going really well, Letitia, Thank you. It's really busy... but I hope to get back to some blogging again soon :)

    ReplyDelete