Thursday, February 7, 2013

Banana and Sultana Bread


 
It's been a long time since I've posted any recipes. I thought it might be nice to share a simple banana bread today. This one is so easy to make with the kids. I've made it many times and the children love to help with this one. I have made it with both my 4 year old and my not even 2 year old helped me in the kitchen to make this today!

This banana bread is really yummy and freezes perfectly for school lunches. When the loaf has cooled, I just slice it and put the individual slices in to sandwich bags and pop them in to the freezer. Instant snack! I have been known to defrost a slice and warm it in the microwave for afternoon tea for myself as well!

Of course, banana bread is an excellent way to use up those over ripe bananas you may have lying around. The other benefit of this recipe, is that if you are watching your waistline, I don't think that there is all that much to feel guilty about when you have a slice of this, as there is NO added fat! The recipe calls for low fat milk and a couple of eggs as well as the bananas for the wet ingredients, and apart from a bit of sugar, I think it's pretty guilt free.... I'm sure it's not allowed on many diets, but I think it's a good compromise for cake, lol!



My gorgeous little helper!
 
 
 
If you would like to make this yumy banana bread yourself, the recipe is from here.
 
 
Teresa
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment