Thursday, February 21, 2013

All in a day's work!

So the carpenters arrived at the block yesterday (I think we're going to have to start calling it 'the house' soon!!!) and David and I are so impressed at how much work they did.

All the floor trusses are in! Yes. All of them. Well, all the ones that they could put in! The brick pillars for the balcony have not been finished yet as the brickies ran out of bricks, and so they will have to come back. The carpenters are off to another job and will come back next week, so there won't be much happening, but yesterday's progress put a big smile on my face :)

Here are a some pictures of how it is all looking now.




The front. Looking forward to seeing the framework for the second level go up.


The garage wall. This wall divides the garage from our front entrance. The door way is there on the far right, and when you open this door, the staircase will greet you.

 
The 'storage' space in the void under the house. There is a massive amount of space down here, and David has finally admitted that he just might not need a big shed out the back anymore... Hallelujah!



 
The upper level
 
 
I am starting to think about how the spaces in the house will work. I have always had an idea of where I would place furniture, but I have avoided thinking about it any more than that, because this time I didn't want to jinx anything!
 
I am most looking forward to decorating the children's rooms. Madeleine had a beautiful nursery in our own home, and since we have been living in rentals for such a long time now, I haven't been able to actually properly decorate. A lot of our things are in storage as we initially didn't think that we would be renting for very long, so it will be like Christmas to open all the boxes of goodies - Madeleine has so many lovely things. I haven't been able to do a proper room for Christian as yet, either and so I am most looking forward to creating a beautiful space for him.

To be honest, I am just most looking forward to having somewhere we can truly call home. It's not been so bad renting, but we haven't been able to decorate the way that we would like, and also we just don't have all our stuff. It's going to be a chaotic time when we are moving in as moving is always busy, but we just can't wait to see this place finished - get all our stuff in it and then relax.... for hopefully many, many years!

Teresa x

No comments:

Post a Comment