Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hi there!

Its been such a looooong time since I have blogged!

I decided to start blogging again because our build has finally started and I want to record the progress of our build, and I feel that this is the best place to do it... I will still blog some of the recipes that I am making as well, after all this blog was supposed to mainly be about food!

Today though, I'll give you a bit of a run down about what has happened with our build since I last posted -

Towards the end of 2011, when we thought we were almost ready to go to council with our second builder, we made a big decision not to continue with them... It wasn't an easy decision to make, but they weren't listening to what we wanted and we weren't willing to spend the amount of money that they were charging to not end up with what we were wanting...

And so, we told them where to go and hubby started talking to a builder friend about having him build our home for us.

He gave us the contact details for the architect he uses and we set about redesigning a home that would meet the needs of our little family. It took a lot more time than we had imagined, but we finally got there... council approved the build and just before Christmas our builder started cutting the block ready for our foundations! Exciting times!



Even the kids were excited
 
For the first few days I had to keep pinching myself... Was this really happening? You see, it had been 2 years 8 months and 15 days since we had purchased our land... We had moved house three times since (twice when I was pregnant) and had a new baby in that time....  That's a long time to wait, especially when we had started planning this build before we had sold our own home, thinking that it would mean only renting for a short period of time... maybe 8 mths? Our block is sloping, so we knew that this was not going to be an easy build, but never imagined that it would take such a long time to get anywhere.... In any case, we have learned a lot of lessons along the way, and we are just so happy to finally have started.
 
I hope that you'll follow our progress as we build our new home.
 
 
Teresa x

No comments:

Post a Comment