Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chicken Salad




It's a gorgeous, warm sunny day here in Adelaide. I felt like something a little different for lunch, and so instead of my usual sandwich, I decided on a salad.

I cut all the vegies and then went looking for a piece of fruit to add. You see, I really like fruit in my salad. I found a lovely peach, and added that to my usual salad ingredients.

This salad also has pan fried chicken (I sprinkled it with a little celery salt before cooking), red onion, fetta, cucumber, lettuce, red capsicum and avocado. I dressed it with some white wine vinegar and a little olive oil. Yum!

Anyway, as I added the peach, it got me to thinking... do other people put some fruit in their salads, too? Or I am the only crazy one?

Some other fruits I like to add instead are grapes or sliced apple. Fresh dates are also nice.

I would love to know what your favourite salad is.... and do you ever add fruit?

2 comments:

  1. Adding the peach is such a great idea. I love salads, I could eat them all the time! Thanks for the inspiration..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment regarding the blog! I hope you get back to yours, when you're ready. Have a lovely weekend.. Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete