Monday, January 28, 2013

The Foundation

There are so many photos in this post... It took some time to get it together and finally..... it's complete!

This house feels like it is coming along in leaps and bounds....

It took so much time and effort in the planning stages, and I know that the actual build will be over before we know it....

On Thursday morning David got up bright and early and met the builder on site for the slab pour. He kindly took lots of photos for me to share with you, and was sending me progress shots on my phone so that I didn't miss much! I was at home, curled up in bed waiting for the kids to wake.

There was a hive of activity. The team putting in the rio had not completed the job, and so they were busy working on the back half of the block while the pour started at the front.

The foundations for the house were poured as well as the footings for the retaining wall which encircles the back of the house. There was a LOT of concrete. Bless all our new neighbours for putting up with all the trucks coming back and forth, and all the tradies' cars in the street...


Early morning... Guys getting the rio in at the back
 
The rio for the retaining wall
 
The first truck arrives
 
The concrete starts flowing
 
So much going on!
 
 
 
 
Slab for downstairs complete and pouing starts at the top.
 
Job done!
 
Now that the slab is poured - that main section at the bottom needs to sit for about 4 weeks before work can continue. There will still be work going on though! The blockwork for the retaining wall can begin, and so over the weekend some supplies were delivered and as far as I am aware, the bricks were being delivered this morning as well....
 
I think in my next blog post, I'll show you what I can of downstairs so that you can get a bit of a picture of what the house is going to look like... A bit of a house tour of sorts, I think!
 
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment