Monday, November 14, 2011

Time Saver Tuesdays


I thought I might start posting some hints and tips each week, that might save you some time or money - or even both! Who knows?


I thought I'd post these each Tuesday for you...
To kick off this week, I'm sharing a tip I learned from my grandmother to keep tomato paste fresh in the jar, so you don't get that awful mould forming on the top.....


It's such a simple tip, and works well.
Just store the jar in your fridge... UPSIDE DOWN!

No yucky mould forms on the top!
I buy always buy large jar (in the cheapest brand available) and store it this way in my fridge and it seems to last much much longer than if it was stored the right way up.


Just be careful to screw the lid on tightly, as you can sometimes get a messy leak...



No comments:

Post a Comment