Thursday, August 4, 2011

Meal Planning


I have been meal planning for years - even before children! I love going through my cook books looking for new recipes to try - I will try a few each fortnight, depending on how busy I am.

Now that I am on maternity leave again, I seem to be trying a new recipe almost every night! I find meal planning makes evenings easy for me - I don't have to think about what to cook. It also helps with the budget (I only buy what I need for meals).

I only meal plan for our evening meal, and the way that I do it, is that during the week I will go through some of my cook books when I have time, and list the recipe I want to try - the book it is from, and the page number. I use this list to help me to write my meal plan and create my shopping list as I go.
I like pretty things, and searched the internet to find a nice meal planner to use.This is the meal planner I have been using for some time because I like the way that the shopping list is included on the side, so everything is together http://www.theprojectgirl.com/2009/01/19/menu-planning-form-free-download/


Super Organiser Mum also has a free printable that includes the shopping list together on the same page also http://www.beyondthebaby.com.au/superorganisermum/organising/clipboard-station-and-menu-planning/



Do you meal plan? Do you have a system you use? I would love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment